Sick Ctenopoma?

CosmicSquid

So I have a question. I just treated my 125 semi aggressive community for ich.  All went great except for one thing.  The ich cleared up but now all three of my small Leopard Ctenopoma have something else on their fins where the ich was. I'm not sure if they are just healing from the ich or if a secondary infection is happening.  Here is the best pic I could get, you can see the spots the most on the caudal fin.  It is not ich, it's larger and has a more puffy appearance.  Any ideas or suggestions?  Also, water parameters are 

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 5

20230918_124054.jpg

Looks like epistylis that feed's off of gram negative bacteria on the slime coat of your fish and spreads more quickly at higher temperatures the most effective treatment is a course of maracyn2 in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 7 days  and ick x or you can use aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons with maracyn2 

Screenshot_20230813-020718.png

Edited by Colu

On 9/19/2023 at 8:35 PM, CosmicSquid said:

Thank you again.  Two more fish in the tank have signs this morning so at this point I think I'm gonna treat everyone and not quarantine, it seems to be spreading.

If more fish are coming down with symptoms it best to treat all of them in tank 

• Thanks 1