Heater recommendation?

Otto

None of the heaters I have keep my tanks at a consistent temperature. The tanks range between 72 and 75 even with the temperature set at 80. I know fish can experience a range of temperatures in the wild, but I don't think the tanks being mostly at 72 is good for my Bolivian rams. Most of the sources I've looked at for the rams says they should have a temperature of 72 to 78, so maybe it's ok. I'm babbling now I guess. Does anyone have any opinion about the temps or recommendations for heaters?

On 9/9/2023 at 1:41 PM, Lennie said:

I use Tetra and Aquael ones myself.

Aesthetically this is my fav one:

Thanks, 

On 9/9/2023 at 1:41 PM, Lennie said:

I use Tetra and Aquael ones myself.

Aesthetically this is my fav one:

Thanks, Lennie. Never heard of either of these brands. I'll check them out.

On 9/9/2023 at 2:03 PM, _Eric_ said:

I use inkbird controllers with my heaters.  Pretty accurate

Thanks. I never heard of these either so will have to look into them. I had a quick look at the Inkbird website and I'm not sure if hey are heaters themselves or something to control a heater. I need to read more.

On 9/9/2023 at 2:26 PM, Milliardo Peacecraft said:

I really like my fluval E300 heater.  It seems to keep the temp really stable, but it does seem to need a bit of flow past it to maintain the temp well.Screenshot_20230909_162519_AmazonShopping.jpg.e64b8ee0ef05d99aa28d7b2377717477.jpg

I use Fluval Stratum but have never tried their hardware. I'll check them out too. Thanks.