Changing from fake to real plants with fish

Junno

I have a 10 gall tank with 2 glo fish tetras and I wanted to change from fake to real plants. However, I don’t have another tank I can place the fish in so I was wondering if it would be possible to do the change without moving the fish?

I also wanted to get a betta fish to add to the 10 gall, but i’m not sure how well it would mix with the glo fish.

On 7/31/2023 at 12:52 PM, Junno said:

I have a 10 gall tank with 2 glo fish tetras and I wanted to change from fake to real plants. However, I don’t have another tank I can place the fish in so I was wondering if it would be possible to do the change without moving the fish?

I also wanted to get a betta fish to add to the 10 gall, but i’m not sure how well it would mix with the glo fish.

If it makes you nervous to rearrange everything with the fish in there, you can put them in a bucket or other clean container. If you'll be quick, they wouldn't need a filter, but (depending on what kind of filter you're using) you could add the filter or even just an airstone to the bucket. But @Ninjoma is right that you can just do it with them in there; if they're anything like my cardinal tetras they'll stay away from what you're doing anyway.

As to your second question: I think GloFish tetra are skirt tetras? Bettas can vary from individual to individual, but I think a betta should probably be fine with your tetras in a 10 gallon, especially a planted tank.