Betta has a big belly over night

Helpwithmy_snailpls

Hi do I feed my betta at night every day and change his water every week and yesterday I feed him blood worms brine srimp and betta pallets and I have to leave for a trip in 15 mins but I notice my betta has a really big front belly out of no where so could it be I over fed him last night or could it be he got sick if his over fed should I just not fed him or if his sick I have to stay and tell my family 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now I’m really ing panic I don’t know what to do he was next to the heater for a hit then decided to head bud it two times and I saw color purple melt off of him into the water but I turned it off then he is just swimming around and I turned the light on he his fills look fine they are glowing with color and no pinecone but he keeps turning grey then glow then grey then glow

Someone please help me

And he is swimming a lot so that could be a good sign

What I would do is fast him for a couple of days add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons if you the bloating doesn't Go down after fasting for a couple of days then I would do Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant @Helpwithmy_snailpls

On 7/21/2023 at 1:50 PM, Helpwithmy_snailpls said:

I think the bloating went down here’s a picture 

image.jpg

Is looking better you can fast for 2 days it won't hurt with bloating I wouldn't feed blood worms I would feed live or frozen daphnia or brine and a couple of Betta pellets once a day 

• Like 1

Agree with @Colu. Dont feed your betta till he looks back to shape. Overfeeding happeneds - not the end of the world. 

Bloodworms are not good to overfeed as they are hard for the fish to digest. Feeding just once a week on bloodworms is plenty. From now on, feed once a day with pellets/ flakes. Once a week use the brine shrimp/ blood worms.