White "horns" on Angels

Perrow

So saw these just now, any idea?

There's another Angel with similar but not a pronounced "spikes" also on the forehead.

Normal water parameters, unheated. Community tank, no other fish (that I've seen show any signs).

Angel1.png

Angel2.png

Googled it and saw eerily similar pictures on another forum, they said hole-in-the-head and suggested water changes and vitamins. Anything more I can do? They also suggested methylene blue dips, I have MB and could do that.

They might be slightly "lightly" fed and will up the feeding with some different frozen foods I have.

On 7/15/2023 at 5:38 PM, Perrow said:

Googled it and saw eerily similar pictures on another forum, they said hole-in-the-head and suggested water changes and vitamins. Anything more I can do? They also suggested methylene blue dips, I have MB and could do that.

They might be slightly "lightly" fed and will up the feeding with some different frozen foods I have.

Hole the head is can be  caused  Hexamita and nutritional deficiencies the most effective treatment is metronidazole that the active ingredient in seachems metroplex so I would do is a course of seachems metroplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day for upto 3 weeks and  feed a more varied diet 

IMG_20230115_234815.jpg

Edited by Colu