Hi Everyone! New to the forum :)

Hi everyone! I've been in the hobby for 2 years now, and I actually got an aquarium for snails originally! I'm a Biology major in my third year now, but I've always been interested in nature. I'm from Georgia and I picked up two rosy wolfsnails from my yard (this is their native range) and decided to keep them for a bit and document their behavior and what not, a little mini project for the summer. I got my first aquarium, a 5 gallon, to breed feeder snails for my new carnivorous friends ^_^

I ended up getting my first fish after my dad and fiancée kept asking what I was going to do with the tank now that I was done with my snail project. So I did about a month of researching and got my betta Peaches in August of 2021! She moved into a 20g high in November '21, and stayed there until January '22 when I moved her to a solo 10g after she kept fin nipping her panda cory roomies, Lil' Jimmy & Carl. She passed away in May '23 from old age and possible dropsy. Now I've been focusing on my 20g long (replaced the 20g high) and panda corydoras and blue dream shrimp. I raised their school up to 8 in May-June and it's been so fun to see my previous duo have a full group of friends they can swim with, although I still see Lil' Jimmy & Carl swimming together and they always huddle up under the dwarf lily together at night!

I'm really excited to join the forum and get to know other fish keepers!

tumblr_92d13ad23b5d60ea5db9ac24f379cad4_4f2c0d1e_1280.jpg.039a0397a6d66c73abfb7002c71bb1fe.jpg<- Peaches, October '21

tumblr_1c65ce3b9753487b8243483a185df14f_dc4166bf_540.jpg.362e91af97cee265c1b9cfff4844b3e6.jpg <- 20g long panda & shrimp tank, July '23

• Like 3

@redfish Hi! I haven't had any crappie yet, but they're my dream fish! The lake I grew up around had tons and I would go fishing every weekend with my granddad for black crappie. He also had a friend who kept them in his cow pond and they were trained to come up to the surface and swim into his hands! I've been in love with them since, I think they're beautiful fish and I hope to get an aquarium big enough for them someday ^_^

• Like 2

Welcome! I started off with 2 tiny water gardens, 1gal & 2gal, and have only had snails in them. I really love Blue Ramshorn snails & they have thrived in them. I now also have a 14g cube that I've just started adding fish to, but it has some baby ramshorns from the water gardens as well. I've been very surprised at how entertaining snails can be. 

Peaches was really pretty, what a fitting name. Have fun!