Hygger light 24/7 mode not very accurate timing

Dork Fish

I picked up a 42W Hygger light for my 75 gallon and noticed that the 24/7 mode was turning off at 10:49pm instead of 10:30pm like the manually says.

I made sure over multiple days that the light was started at the correct time (according to the manual), however, no luck.

I returned the light and had it replaced with a new light. Wouldn't you know it, the new light is also exactly 19 minutes off.

Does anyone else have this issue with this light?

I think that the normal 6, 10, and 12 hour modes work fine (still testing). So far it is only the 24/7 light. The 24/7 mode resets if power is cut.

It is a minor complaint and is easily fixed by setting the light 19 minutes earlier than normal. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Has been on both lights I have received. 🙂

On 7/2/2023 at 11:02 PM, Galabar said:

My recommendation is to get a Kasa power strip: https://www.amazon.com/Kasa-Smart-Power-Strip-TP-Link/dp/B07G95FFN3

Just use that to turn on/off the light and ignore the timer on the light... 🙂

You cannot do that with this light, unfortunately. 

To the OP, I have 5 or 6 of these lights and use the manual mode to set up a custom schedule (5AM to 9AM then off until 4PM then on until 8PM).  Whoever programmed tge light's controller has left plenty of buggy function, but as long as I don't touch the light much, it's OK once it settles in. 

The on/off is accompanied by a ramp up/down, is it possible that's what you're seeing? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2023 at 12:02 AM, Galabar said:

Just use that to turn on/off the light and ignore the timer on the light... 🙂

I also bought the light and now regretting the choice, the programing is so convoluted. Worse than an old VCR 🙂 Using a seperate timer is so easy and reliable.

My Hygger light brightens up slowly, like sunrise. The light gradually brightens to 100% over the span of 20 min. I did not have to do anything special to make it work that way but I think there are several ways to program it. You may want to read up on programing it here and see if this helps.

https://www.hygger-online.com/product/led-fish-tank-lights/#:~:text=Step 1%3A Press the M,to set the lighting time.

Edited by JimOp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1