Cycling testing question

TheMosster

Yesterday i setup my Pretzelarium to cycle. However, when i tested it today i noticed something odd.

All tests read 0. ammonia, nitrite.

Now i was using established media and substrate,and my dechlorinator claims to "bind" these chemicals,so that might explain nitrite and Ammonia.

But i noticed something odd. Nitrate was at 0 too. And i overdosed Easy Green yesterday for the stem plants in there.

So any ideas?

My theories:

A.Testing is messed up

B.Really hungry plants

But im open to al the help i can get.

Testing was with ACO multi test strips, and ammonia test strips. Dechlorinator is fritz complete. Fertilizer is Easy Green. Any ideas?

On 6/20/2023 at 12:01 PM, MattyM said:

As much as I love the ACO, I don't like their test strips and prefer these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053PQWEU/ - they use darker colors so they are easier to read. Also, maybe a liquid test kit might help. 

i cant use the test strips for PH, but the rest of the readings have always worked fine for me.

For ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate I prefer the API liquid tests. Sure, they take more time, and you have to follow the instructions to the letter, but I feel they’re more accurate. 

I like the ACO strips every once in a while to confirm what I already know. Lower pH, soft water, with little to no buffer.