Sick angelfish

Monkeypoint

Worried about my Angelfish. It's been bumping into things, seems disoriented and lethargic, not eating and has had a long string of poop hanging all day.

55 gallon planted aquarium

Ammonia  0

Nitrite       0

Nitrate     25ppm

KH           60 ppm

GH          150 ppm

pH          7.2

water temp: 76

IMG_3539.JPG

On 6/15/2023 at 9:10 PM, Monkeypoint said:

Worried about my Angelfish. It's been bumping into things, seems disoriented and lethargic, not eating and has had a long string of poop hanging all day.

55 gallon planted aquarium

Ammonia  0

Nitrite       0

Nitrate     25ppm

KH           60 ppm

GH          150 ppm

pH          7.2

water temp: 76

IMG_3539.JPG

What I would do is add a Small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons at that level it shouldn't harm your plants and it will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes have your noticed any rapid breathing listlessness spitting food out weight loss hanging near the surface @Monkeypoint

On 6/15/2023 at 4:44 PM, Colu said:

have your noticed any rapid breathing listlessness spitting food out weight loss hanging near the surface

I actually removed him from the tank and put him in a bucket with an air stone and some floating plants. He was hanging near the surface and it does look like there’s been some weight loss. I haven’t noticed any of the other symptoms. Can I use Kosher salt since it’s not iodized? I don’t have any marine salt and my LFS is about to close. 

On 6/15/2023 at 10:15 PM, Monkeypoint said:

I actually removed him from the tank and put him in a bucket with an air stone and some floating plants. He was hanging near the surface and it does look like there’s been some weight loss. I haven’t noticed any of the other symptoms. Can I use Kosher salt since it’s not iodized? I don’t have any marine salt and my LFS is about to close. 

Yes you can use  kosher salt with some of the symptoms your describing possible parastic infection what I would do is treat with paracleanse 

On 6/15/2023 at 5:22 PM, Colu said:

Yes you can use  kosher salt with some of the symptoms your describing possible parastic infection what I would do is treat with paracleanse 

I have some of that on hand so maybe I'll start with it today and then tomorrow I can get paracleanse.

Thanks for your help. I'm looking up dilution ratios for Kosher salt.

On 6/15/2023 at 10:29 PM, Monkeypoint said:

I have some of that on hand so maybe I'll start with it today and then tomorrow I can get paracleanse.

Thanks for your help. I'm looking up dilution ratios for Kosher salt.

As you have quarantine him I would go with 1 table spoon for 2 gallons of kosher salt 

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 1:24 AM, Monkeypoint said:

Reading through all of the common illnesses, I’m wondering if it’s an intestinal issue caused by internal parasites. 

That why I recommended treating with paracleanse because some of the symptoms are consistent with parasitic infections just to rule it out 

Edited by Colu
Missing word

On 6/16/2023 at 6:16 AM, Colu said:

That why I recommended treating with  because some of the symptoms are consistent with parasitic infections just to rule it out 

That entire thread is incredible. I’ve bookmarked it for easy reference. Impressed by the knowledge! 

• Like 1