Hello!

Neekko

Hello from Burien, WA! I'm Neekko, pronouns he/him/his. I am a professional web developer and hobby illustrator.

I'm originally from Oahu, Hawaii and moved to the mainland for college & to be with my partner of 16 years. I've lived in the greater Seattle area for 4 years now and have been an avid viewer and customer of Aquarium Co-Op for almost as long. I got my prized Amazon puffer from them:

DO1sqLsOoRwDfdzV.gif.c0f6f67e77dad13076d092e932f96d7f.gif

Recently, Chewy sent me a painting of my puffer for National Aquarium Month!

FyD-5mmacAAtSCl.jpeg.b85624c6384014d64ce9a33c115479c8.jpeg

Look at how happy he is for the painting!

FyD-6AsaIAAzsG6.jpeg.71aeecdcec8de563c1405b786531c7c8.jpeg

I'm currently working on an outdoor pond that came with our house. It's still cycling, but I am excited to add some fish to it!

FynE3iraAAAG-JN.jpeg.60173d61be7b8da5a3a154adec532ff0.jpega'

Eventually (soonish), I also want to expand my indoor collection. Anyway, thanks for having me! I look forward to seeing what ya'll are working on. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Another washingtonian!

That's awesome that you had a pond come with your house. Any plans for what you're going to put in there? There's an old Aquarium Co-op video about summer ponds with lots of ideas. You could probably breed tons of cherry shrimp.

We have one of the best aquarium clubs here. You should look into joining the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS). Even if you don't end up going to the meetings you get a discount at local stores including Aquarium Co-op. Then there's the big auctions twice a year where you can get awesome deals on stuff.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2023 at 2:20 PM, Schuyler said:

Another washingtonian!

That's awesome that you had a pond come with your house. Any plans for what you're going to put in there? There's an old Aquarium Co-op video about summer ponds with lots of ideas. You could probably breed tons of cherry shrimp.

We have one of the best aquarium clubs here. You should look into joining the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS). Even if you don't end up going to the meetings you get a discount at local stores including Aquarium Co-op. Then there's the big auctions twice a year where you can get awesome deals on stuff.

Thank you for the welcome! I was thinking maybe white cloud minnows, or a trio of shubunkin for the pond. But definitely something winter-hardy so I don't have to take them inside during the coldest time of the year.

It's funny that you mentioned cherry shrimp -- I have a rimless 17-gallon tank that I plan on aquascaping while housing cherry shrimp!

I've been wanting to be more active in the local community and joining the local club sounds like a fun idea!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...