Irene's talk at Aquashella

On 6/14/2023 at 1:21 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Was an awesome presentation!  I enjoyed it.  🙂

I enjoyed it but it was mostly a compilation of her older videos. The one thing that I strongly disagreed with was that magnesium is a micro..... IMO magnesium along with calcium and sulfates are secondary nutrients.

Maybe im wrong but I see nutrients being taken up in stages. First plants need NPK, to move to the next stage which is: Mg, C, S. If plants pass that "stage" then micros are  taken up. If there is a deficiency in either the NPK stage or the MgCS stage micros are not taken up.

Again, this might not be the correct "textbook" science. But seeing nutrition this way has helped me to understand plant nutrition and grow better plants!

• Like 2

On 6/14/2023 at 9:54 AM, JoeQ said:

The one thing that I strongly disagreed with was that magnesium is a micro..... IMO magnesium along with calcium and sulfates are secondary nutrients.

I've come to use a product like equilibrium as a plant fert. I think that will be the norm for a lot of hobbyist moving forward.

On 6/14/2023 at 12:57 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I've come to use a product like equilibrium as a plant fert. I think that will be the norm for a lot of hobbyist moving forward.

I prefer a premixed GH booster, equalibirum is great (my plants go gangbusters when I use it) but it is a pain in the butt to get it desolved! 

On 6/14/2023 at 10:04 AM, JoeQ said:

I prefer a premixed GH booster, equalibirum is great (my plants go gangbusters when I use it) but it is a pain in the butt to get it desolved! 

Exactly! Something like that seems to have really helped me out. Easy GH+ will be something soon I bet.