Pleco with possible prolapse?

Is this what prolapse looks like? Haven’t seen him for awhile but two days ago I noticed this bubble by his stomach. He looks a bit bloated. What can I do to help him? Or should I leave him be?

His diet mainly consists of algae wafers, with occasional veggies. He also has a huge piece of wood. Should I fast him?

IMG_2329.jpeg

IMG_2328.jpeg

On 6/11/2023 at 9:25 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

I’m going with yes. Epsom salt bath is something I’ve seen for this I’d do some research. Constipation causes this so you need to get him disimpacted so unshelled peas are definitely something I’ve seen used for fish especially gold fish. 

How many days should I do the bath for? 

@Colu, I saw that you commented on another post in April, I was wondering if you have any insight on this. I saw that you recommended five days of baths. Is that safe with Plecos?

On 6/13/2023 at 6:17 AM, fishbish25 said:

How many days should I do the bath for? 

@Colu, I saw that you commented on another post in April, I was wondering if you have any insight on this. I saw that you recommended five days of baths. Is that safe with Plecos?

As plecos are more sensitive to salt what would do is start at 1 table spoon for 4 gallons for two days then increase it to 1 table spoon for 3 gallons for another 3 days do the Epsom salt baths for no more than 15 minutes