I need help diagnosing my Betta

Beanbo7

Hello,

My 1 year old plakat betta started to act lethargic and had some fin damage. about 1.5 months ago. His water parameters were fine, PH was a bit high but always is high. I put him in a quarantine tank with antibiotics and he started to do a ton better. I did a full water change in his main tank and put him back in. He was fine for a couple of weeks then started to get lethargic again. Now, I started to notice this bad discoloration on his tail. There is a nerite snail in the tank that has been there for about a year as well and some live plants. He’s in a 5.5 gallon heated tank. I add Indian almond leaves every once in a while for extra tannins. 

I’m devastated and feel like a horrible fish parent. Any insight into what’s wrong or any medication I can buy would be great.

0C157665-F338-4C29-8E6D-11BEBD1AB18F.jpeg

On 6/6/2023 at 10:29 PM, Colu said:

A little information would be helpful what are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate pH temperature is he eating ok any rapid breathing 

Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0-.25, PH 7.8ish (always around there), temp 78. He is eating and greets me at the tank but then goes and hides in his plant all day. No rapid breathing

Your water parameters are fine what I would do is add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties depending on the quality of the leaves you might have to add one leaf per gallon to get a beneficial effect and add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons at that level it shouldn't harm your plants and it will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes and monitor for a week if it get worse before then give us an update @Beanbo7