Guppy looks weird

BettaBabe94

I’ve had this guy almost a year. He used to be in my community tank, but then I ended up to a “bachelor tank” (male guppies and endlers) in like February. The guys all chase each other around a little bit but none of them get singled out or anything. 
Noticed him kind of hiding and trying to stay out of the way yesterday. I caught him up and put him in my floating breeder box, thinking at first he might be getting targeted and needs a break. On further inspection the best way for me to describe it is he looks fuzzy all over. Like he’s lost weight, but he’s eating fine, when he sees me he comes to the front. He seems ok, but he looks like hell. 

IMG_0275.jpeg.8805dfccca4feb5771eeacf1e5ef1096.jpegIMG_0269.jpeg.3207891e80f0bc5c906352ed289f5172.jpegIMG_0267.jpeg.fac9233dd4d2bc0690099ec37685d7a4.jpegIMG_0270.jpeg.c62abef47178c9637f9397a5084b3630.jpeg

It's difficult to see the fuzzy appearance you described in the pictures  you can get fuzzy appearance with fungal infections some bacterial infections can fuzzy appearance to the body what I would do if you can is quarantine and treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 1 gallon if after a couple of days it's getting worse or your seeing no improvement then I would follow up with a course of kanaplex or maracyn2 

On 5/26/2023 at 4:40 AM, Colu said:

It's difficult to see the fuzzy appearance you described in the pictures

Yeah, it is. But if you zoom in you see this faint whitish line that outlines his body. In person it looks like his scales are popped out slightly. That’s what’s causing the “fuzzy” look

Edited by BettaBabe94

On 5/26/2023 at 11:53 AM, BettaBabe94 said:

Yeah, it is. But if you zoom in you see this faint whitish line that outlines his body. In person it looks like his scales are popped out slightly. That’s what’s causing the “fuzzy” look

I think aquarium salt would be a good treatment options if you don't have a quarantine tank the level of salt I recommended will harm your plants  if your treating him in the main tank I would treat a low dose of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 10 gallons and  kanaplex 

On 5/26/2023 at 10:12 AM, Colu said:

I think aquarium salt would be a good treatment options if you don't have a quarantine tank the level of salt I recommended will harm your plants  if your treating him in the main tank I would treat a low dose of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 10 gallons and  kanaplex 

I have a quarantine tank so 1 tablespoon per gallon?