Chili Rasboras Hide

Jackson

My chili's hide behind one of my plants and for the most part just come out to feed . They use to hang out in the front of the tank , now they hide in the back . I put my male betta in the community tank for a few days and the chili's hid . The betta never bothered them that I saw . But now they just hide in the back  . Also they aren't red enough I don't think . Any insight on this would be appreciated .

This sounds like stress. When I make a change that send fish into stress mode I change it back to pre stress setup. I then do a large water change to remove all the stress chemicals they released in the water. If in a few days it does not calm down I do another large water change. I hope your kiddos calm down for you. 

On 5/16/2023 at 8:49 AM, Guppysnail said:

This sounds like stress. When I make a change that send fish into stress mode I change it back to pre stress setup. I then do a large water change to remove all the stress chemicals they released in the water. If in a few days it does not calm down I do another large water change. I hope your kiddos calm down for you. 

I do a 30% water change about every 4 days . I use prime and stability and keep my ph at about 6.8/7 . Food has been flake food aqueon brand . They don't seem to like my other entries . Considering pushing them off as a school to petco . Would like to try some galaxy rasboras . 

I’ve bred galaxy rasboras aka celestial pearl danios for several years now. They are one of my favorite fish. Every time I think I want to try something new I can’t bear to part with them. So I hatch a few more to enjoy them even more. 🤣 

I have been considering trying chili rasbora in another tank. I did not realize they were a nervous fish. 

On 5/16/2023 at 9:13 AM, Guppysnail said:

I’ve bred galaxy rasboras aka celestial pearl danios for several years now. They are one of my favorite fish. Every time I think I want to try something new I can’t bear to part with them. So I hatch a few more to enjoy them even more. 🤣 

I have been considering trying chili rasbora in another tank. I did not realize they were a nervous fish. 

They were fine schooling till I put the betta back in  . I think your right they are stressed . They have been nice and red  but sometimes more pale in comparison . Sometimes a pair will swim around but mostly they hide behind a plant they like ..lol The galaxy rasboras are very pretty fish and thats what I am thinking on doing . Plus the chili's are very tiny and even nice and red are very had to see . Have to put your face to the tank to enjoy them .

• Like 1