Cherry shrimp High TDS

HomerJay

On 5/12/2023 at 11:05 AM, Tommy Vercetti said:

Have 100's of cherry shrimp for 2 years and counting. They live, thrive and multiply in my hard water that test (out of the tap) at 650 to 780.

Wow.  I thought my water was hard at 300 ppm.  Do you mind me asking about your pH?  Mine is 8.2, and I've been told by an experienced shrimp keeper on another forum that with pH that high the shrimp would get smaller over several generations.  I didn't think too much about it until this spring, when I cleaned out a tub that had been sitting outside all winter with no attention, or top-offs other than when it rained.  The shrimp in there were much larger than the ones in my tanks inside.

On 5/12/2023 at 9:40 AM, JettsPapa said:

Wow.  I thought my water was hard at 300 ppm.  Do you mind me asking about your pH?  Mine is 8.2, and I've been told by an experienced shrimp keeper on another forum that with pH that high the shrimp would get smaller over several generations.  I didn't think too much about it until this spring, when I cleaned out a tub that had been sitting outside all winter with no attention, or top-offs other than when it rained.  The shrimp in there were much larger than the ones in my tanks inside.

Ph is 7.8ish

• Like 1