Very specific cross contamination questions

TLDR: when I let my fish fight their diseases themselves and they are symptom free how long should I wait to share equipment between tanks. And do I need to sanitize equipment after the symptoms are gone

I've got some cross-contamination questions relating to treating diseases without medication. I've been very medication heavy most of the time that I've been keeping fish because it works. And and after having an entire tank wiped out by bacterial infection I wasn't going to take any chances ever again. But it's been a few years now and I started to experiment with letting fish fight off the disease themselves and also using garlic. This has been just as if not more successful than anything else I've tried. Recently my goldfish beat a fungal infection with garlic, and all the fish in my 55 gallon be a pretty nasty case of ich with no casualties. So my question is basically if the fish fought off the disease themselves how long should I wait before sharing equipment between tanks? And do you still need to sanitize equipment after the disease symptoms are gone? It's really easy to say that I should just get separate equipment for every tank but that just isn't practical for a lot of reasons. And I like to be able to scrape algae out of my goldfish tank to feed to my ottos.

On 5/4/2023 at 10:07 AM, Guppysnail said:

A side note:

Hydrogen peroxide is an inexpensive safe residue free method of sanitizing equipment between tanks. 

How do you use it for that? I've seen a lot about it online but I haven't been able to find any specific instructions. Do I dilute it in water? How long do I let it sit? Or do I just wipe it down with 3% peroxide? I usually wipe my metal tools off with rubbing alcohol and then I use vinegar for my buckets and my big siphon.