will fish learn to eat

Jackson

Just got some Hikari micro pellets , semi floating . Mixed result from my fish . The embers and rasboras don't seem to like it and the neons and guppy do . I like this stuff but need to soak it for a minute to get some to drop into the tank . Slowly drop . Gets to soaked and it will just rain down . So . will my embers and rasboras get use to the new food or will I have to still flake them ?

Edited by GCH

On 5/3/2023 at 2:42 PM, Janoš Bećar Pecaroš said:

I believe when they get hungry enough, they’ll eat anything. 

They just turned their noses up at it , spit it out even . Try to give them some fine cuisine and the thanks I get . 🥵

You can have the best food in the world. As long as your fish don't eat it, it means nothing really.

Ideally try to feed more than one food with good quality. Maybe another food brings a tasty option for your picky friends. You can also find good flakes too if your fishy friends prefer those. Xtreme and New Life Spectrum have pretty good ones.

Every animal has its own type of picky behavior when it comes to food. None of my dogs, cats, fish, tortoises, etc. like every food the same. Sometimes they just eat something they don't like in a level they survive. I don't think it is a good way to provide a diet. That means, there should be a change in my opinion.

If they spit out, it can be just big. I even crush my 0.5mm pellets and my fish love to eat them smaller. Try to crush your food and feed it that way, maybe it is too big.

• Like 4

On 5/3/2023 at 3:42 PM, Lennie said:

You can have the best food in the world. As long as your fish don't eat it, it means nothing really.

Ideally try to feed more than one food with good quality. Maybe another food brings a tasty option for your picky friends. You can also find good flakes too if your fishy friends prefer those. Xtreme and New Life Spectrum have pretty good ones.

Every animal has its own type of picky behavior when it comes to food. None of my dogs, cats, fish, tortoises, etc. like every food the same. Sometimes they just eat something they don't like in a level they survive. I don't think it is a good way to provide a diet. That means, there should be a change in my opinion.

If they spit out, it can be just big. I even crush my 0.5mm pellets and my fish love to eat them smaller. Try to crush your food and feed it that way, maybe it is too big.

Maybe to big for the embers and the chili rasboras especially. I'll try crushing it up .Sounds good ... 😎

On 5/3/2023 at 10:58 PM, GCH said:

Maybe to big for the embers and the chili rasboras especially. I'll try crushing it up .Sounds good ... 😎

for sure

even my male rummy noses struggle eating 0.5mm size pellets. Can't imagine chili rasboras trying to eat it

Also if your fish already like flake food, I would try xtreme or NLS just as I mentioned, and support their diet with baby brine and daphnia. No reason to go for pellets when flake food already works tbh

On 5/3/2023 at 4:06 PM, Lennie said:

for sure

even my male rummy noses struggle eating 0.5mm size pellets. Can't imagine chili rasboras trying to eat it

Also if your fish already like flake food, I would try xtreme or NLS just as I mentioned, and support their diet with baby brine and daphnia. No reason to go for pellets when flake food already works tbh

I was just hoping that the slow sinking would be less food floating down to the bottom . Ya , I'm going to try some brine .  Don't mind mixing the diet as long as it works for them .

Edited by GCH
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 5:20 PM, GCH said:

Got some frozen brine shrimp , and none of the fish seemed to care . Even the female betta just swam by it . 🥵 Looks like flake food for them , betta pellets for the betta.

that is very interesting. My betta also ignores frozen baby brine but every other fish I have go crazy for them

On 5/5/2023 at 10:43 AM, Lennie said:

that is very interesting. My betta also ignores frozen baby brine but every other fish I have go crazy for them

My male betta just let if float buy him , totally ignored it . Lot of money on fish food to have them scoff at it . Bought some stick on the glass pellets too . Stuck on for 15 seconds then just slid on down the glass to the bottom . Frustrating .

On 5/5/2023 at 5:47 PM, GCH said:

My male betta just let if float buy him , totally ignored it . Lot of money on fish food to have them scoff at it . Bought some stick on the glass pellets too . Stuck on for 15 seconds then just slid on down the glass to the bottom . Frustrating .

Frozen brineis still big for them, live/frozen baby brine would be a better choice

My fish also love frozen daphnia. I have the ocean nutrition one and it is pretty small, just a bit bigger than baby brine really.

Edited by Lennie

On 5/5/2023 at 10:49 AM, Lennie said:

Frozen brineis still big for them, live/frozen baby brine would be a better choice

My fish also love frozen daphnia. I have the ocean nutrition one and it is pretty small, just a bit bigger than baby brine really.

I have all nano fish in my community less a pleco . I'll try the brine again at supper time . Starve'm for a bit like suggested . But whatever. like candy , give them what they want

My shrimp like the brine though, they are cleaning up good .