Treating White Spot with a carbon filter

Izzyf

Hi everyone! I’ve used a white spot treatment in my tank and I have noticed it refers to removing carbon from the tank. My filter is the Aquaflow 300 which has active carbon in the filter.

Does anyone know how this impacts the treatment at all? I had seen other posts online saying to switch the filter off for a brief period, but does the filter need to stay off for longer if it will interfere with the treatment? 

thanks in advance! 

51A8C2D5-B037-492A-8DDF-E53A97AC3AD5.jpeg

FF982772-653D-4BF8-BF9F-206CBACFA147.png

Active carbon absorbs the medication so the medication wont have any effect on the disease your treating while you have active carbon in the tank so just remove the carbon pad from your filter and leave your filter running during treatment ich causes massive electrolyte loss so I would add a small amount of aquarium 1 table spoon for 5 gallons the salt will add back in essential electrolytes I would always add an extra air stone to increase the levels of desloved oxygen as medication change's the viscosity of water lowering the levels of desloved oxygen @Izzyf

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2023 at 11:37 AM, Colu said:

Active carbon absorbs the medication so the medication wont have any effect on the disease your treating while you have active carbon in the tank so just remove the carbon pad from your filter and leave your filter running during treatment ich causes massive electrolyte loss so I would add a small amount of aquarium 1 table spoon for 5 gallons the salt will add back in essential electrolytes I would always add an extra air stone to increase the levels of desloved oxygen as medication change's the viscosity of water lowering the levels of desloved oxygen @Izzyf

Thanks so much! So I’m assuming it’s just the sponge part that’s coming out and nothing else needs to be removed?