new to shrimp

On 4/4/2023 at 11:51 PM, Jacob Hill-Legion Aquatics said:

are they just getting adjusted to the tank?

What is the size of the tank?

The reason I ask is just because they might be sitting in certain flow spots while they acclimate or do shrimpy things.  Here's one of mine today cleaning itself to get ready for eggs.

20230404_170644.JPG.95d54e0720e3561d3318cefc6e651237.JPG

They should acclimate in about a week or two. Usually it's a few days for them until you see them really get active.  Also, keep in mind that a lot of shrimp are very active at night and will be at other spots of the tank once they feel safe in the lower light conditions.

If you still have any concerns in a week or two please feel free to reach out. Awesome choice, you'll love the amanos!

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 1:34 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

What is the size of the tank?

The reason I ask is just because they might be sitting in certain flow spots while they acclimate or do shrimpy things.  Here's one of mine today cleaning itself to get ready for eggs.

20230404_170644.JPG.95d54e0720e3561d3318cefc6e651237.JPG

They should acclimate in about a week or two. Usually it's a few days for them until you see them really get active.  Also, keep in mind that a lot of shrimp are very active at night and will be at other spots of the tank once they feel safe in the lower light conditions.

If you still have any concerns in a week or two please feel free to reach out. Awesome choice, you'll love the amanos!

The tank is a 10 gallon and I’m using a sponge filter so there’s low flow and I have low light. I think they just need some time.

• Like 1

They like Oxygen and flow. So don't be afraid of it if there's a concern at all.  If other stocking demands "low flow" that's perfectly fine too. During the day, mine sleep on the shade side of the wood and don't move much or at all. Then the lights go out and they dart all over like trying to map the tank out in their brains again.

• Like 1