asondhi

pH: 6.5

Nitrates: 10-15ppm

Hardness: 25 or lesz

Nitrite: 0

Ammonia: 0

KH/Buffer: 40-80

Water Temperature: 76°F

As the title states my betta's eyes appear to be turning white. I'd guess she's about a year old. I got her from a well-reviewed breeder online (can't seem to find email or remember the name now). 

I wasn't able to capture any better photos as she's very active. It appears that the center of the cap over her eye is starting to become opaque - the effect appears similar to how some plastic turns white when bent. 

So far, her behavior doesn't seem to have had changed at all, she doesn't seem to have any issues seeing or getting food. If I had to guess, I'd say I first noticed her eyes looking a little more opaque than usual about a week ago but assumed it was just a trick of the light as I've been messing with my fluval 3.0.

My first thought was that she was rubbing her face against the glass and the repeated contact caused it but that doesn't seem to be it, she seems to get on fine with her tank mates so I don't think they're injuries or nips. 

Thanks in advance! 

Screenshot_2023-03-30-07-01-45-44_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-30-07-02-06-49_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-30-07-02-54-14_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Edited by asondhi
wording for clarity

poor water quality can cause cloudy eye or it can be caused by an injury as your water parameters are fine it could have injured it's eye what I would do is add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 10 gallons and add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties if it's after a week of salt and almond leaves it's not improved then I would do a course of maracyn @asondhi

On 3/30/2023 at 7:28 AM, Colu said:

poor water quality can cause cloudy eye or it can be caused by an injury as your water parameters are fine it could have injured it's eye what I would do is add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 10 gallons and add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties if it's after a week of salt and almond leaves it's not improved then I would do a course of maracyn @asondhi

Thanks!
I'll dose salt, that aquarium is already pretty tannin-heavy with IAL and other botanicals. 

• Like 1