How to move a 20g L planted tank with snails and lots of tetras

BAT

Hi Nerms,

I need to move this tank around the corner to a new house.

I was going to catch the fish, but them in a bucket with the tank water and then drain it and go to new house. But what do i do with all the snails???

1C30DAE3-A3B1-49CD-8204-1BDE55BD114E.jpeg

0AA296F2-2F93-461B-96F9-1FBA65B5A273.jpeg

I would get as many as you can. If it not going to take long. 30 mins or so the snail will be ok for a short time. Once you get it to the new place add a liitle water do the snails can go in the water and stay wet. I personally would take everything out of the tank. I do it even if I make a 10 gal or smaller. The tanks are made to support the weight when a tank is lifted. If you are going to leave everything in, I would try to put it on a board of plywood to help with the weight. That way you are stressing one spot. The weight is spread ove the board. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2023 at 11:15 PM, rockfisher said:

I would get as many as you can. If it not going to take long. 30 mins or so the snail will be ok for a short time. Once you get it to the new place add a liitle water do the snails can go in the water and stay wet. I personally would take everything out of the tank. I do it even if I make a 10 gal or smaller. The tanks are made to support the weight when a tank is lifted. If you are going to leave everything in, I would try to put it on a board of plywood to help with the weight. That way you are stressing one spot. The weight is spread ove the board. 

Great idea re plywood! I will try that.  And i think it will be easier to take out plants - that way i can get to all the fish. And it will be an opportunity to re-scape the tank #bright side 

• Like 1