Betta tumor??

AquariumCentral

On 3/19/2023 at 8:50 PM, AquariumCentral said:

I have aquired a betta (gladly) that has a tumor on it's tail. It's scales are pine-coning, has some bad fin rot, and cannot swim. It is being held down by the tumor (?) on its tail. The tumor is turning white, and it looks almost like a fungus. where do I start??

Can you post a picture of the fish from what your describing pineconing is usually a sign of organ failure or kidney infection causing fluid buildup that coupled with a tumor  i would consider humanely euthanizing  him with clove oil 

Edited by Colu

On 3/19/2023 at 11:30 PM, AquariumCentral said:

My friend's dad was going to Euthanize, I took him because she wants him to live. I want an alternative, not euthanize. I can't post a pic rn

Sorry to say it sound like the tumor has spread to the point it's affecting his swimming with pineconing and fin rot you have to think of quality of life if he can't swim properly because of the tumor possible organ failure with the pineconing medication would only be  a stop gap  you can add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 1 gallon that will help reduce the fluid buildup that's causing the pineconing and help with the fin rot you could also add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties there's not really anything I could recommend for tumor other than going to a vets to have it removed 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1