I finally did it!

Cinnebuns

I got a betta!  

I know it tends to be one of the first fish people get but I've never had one until now. Every time I went into the store I would look at them and pass. I think I was waiting to fall in love. Well, today love struck! 

I've always liked the darker mustard gas bettas. Crown tail is cool but does come with ethical and health issues. The store had 3 crown tail mustard gas males. 2 of them were $30. This one wasn't marked as a mustard gas but only as a crown tail so it was $10!  I presume maybe it's because it's tail isn't yellow idk. Tbh, it was my favorite one anyway.

I then tested it to see how it reacted to my finger moving around. I know its not fool proof but I figured no flare is better chance at bring peaceful. Absolutely no flare at all. It showed slight interest but that's it. I haven't decided 100% if it's going in my 15 with other fish or not but that gives me hope it might be community friendly. For now it's in a 5 gallon by itself. 

Here's some picture of the handsome fella in the cup and then at home!

20230316_153438.jpg.480aded21adcc7f9ceb6af14a8108196.jpg

20230317_014644.jpg.153ab6b971ee3b69f8edd2be825cfb12.jpg

While I'm here I might as well ask a question  i setup an impromptu tank for him with stuff to rest on which includes a terrocata pot. I know that's aquarium safe but is it crowntail safe?  I know they are EXTRA EXTRA sensitive to tearing. 

• Love 5

On 3/16/2023 at 11:59 PM, Cinnebuns said:

While I'm here I might as well ask a question  i setup an impromptu tank for him with stuff to rest on which includes a terrocata pot. I know that's aquarium safe but is it crowntail safe? 

terra cotta is fine. any issues, use fine grain or extra fine sandpaper.

On 3/17/2023 at 12:02 AM, Lennie said:

I'm here to appreciate this cool fella and suggest the name "Darth Vader" for him.

Looks more like a gentle ben to me (yes, SW reference, if you know you know)

On 3/17/2023 at 4:20 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Looks more like a gentle ben to me (yes, SW reference, if you know you know)

On 3/17/2023 at 3:02 AM, Lennie said:

I'm here to appreciate this cool fella and suggest the name "Darth Vader" for him.

Ill suggest "Storm"

Blue like rain,

Black like the clouds,

yellow like lightning.

• Like 1