Do my eyes deceive me? Marimo... is that you?

• Administrators

Yeah, as of like 2-3 weeks ago, they were cleared to come back into the country with the farms we buy from. Previous attempts had failed. So we can get back to using moss balls 😉

On 3/13/2023 at 6:22 PM, Cory said:

Yeah, as of like 2-3 weeks ago, they were cleared to come back into the country with the farms we buy from. Previous attempts had failed. So we can get back to using moss balls 😉

Lol I ordered some from you when I saw them on the available plant listing.  Been waiting forever to add some to my RCS tank.

On 3/13/2023 at 10:24 PM, PerceptivePesce said:

YES! Marimo!!

What are some negatives about this "plant"?  Do they eat a lot of nutrients? Do snails and shrimp eat them?  Fish?  Do they hold lots of detritus?

1. Not a lot of negatives.  They literally just sit there.  Their only real care criteria is to roll them every so often so the bottom portion of the ball gets light.

2.  They are a VERY slow growing plant, so no, they don't consume much nutrients at all.

3.  In my experience, no my shrimp and snails do not eat them.

4.  Stuff like sand and other particles can land in and get stuck to the moss ball, but all it really requires is a quick shake and everything comes out.

Edited by Martin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1