Hello!

yes, one female platy and two glofish tetras (ik they need to be kept in bigger groups). They are all 10-11 years old as of last month... 

Note why I have a tank I am embarrassed of. : I am not financially suited to spend hundreds on a tank, therefore the 85g i am getting is in the living room/everyone's responsibility to pay for it 🙂 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 3:14 PM, AquariumCentral said:

yes, one female platy and two glofish tetras (ik they need to be kept in bigger groups). They are all 10-11 years old as of last month... 

Note why I have a tank I am embarrassed of. : I am not financially suited to spend hundreds on a tank, therefore the 85g i am getting is in the living room/everyone's responsibility to pay for it 🙂 

when you get your 85 ready, definetly get your female platy some friends. In my experiences platies like to be in groups, and you can see interesting behaviors that way. I advise 1male and maybe 2-3 other females, they will breed and fill the 85 with platies. (and in my opinion, the more platies, the better the behaviors).

also when i set up my ten gallon betta tank (its no longer up, the betta is now in my 20) but that tank had like a $50 budget and the rest of the stuff (Tank,gravel, decorations,filter) was all brought in from home, reused stuff that i wouldnt otherwise use in a tank. (it also had no real plants, and glofish plants).

Who (what tank mates) do you house the betta with? I REALLY want a male in a community tank with guppies and wtvr but i would not know how to make that possible, after all they are Siamese Fighting fish. 

I had a betta a long time ago (back when my girls were 3 or 4) and I put him in the 25g tank.. well we can guess how that went..  the suprising part though was that he was dead, not the other fish... 

On 3/7/2023 at 3:26 PM, AquariumCentral said:

Who (what tank mates) do you house the betta with? I REALLY want a male in a community tank with guppies and wtvr but i would not know how to make that possible, after all they are Siamese Fighting fish. 

its really hit or miss with bettas, some are Teddy Bears, some are Sauron. basically some are peaceful, some murder everything, and some are in between.

my male betta is on the peaceful/shy side of the sepectrum, so tankmates for him is nothing that will fin nip. I keep him with Platies,Panda Garra,Albino Cories, Mystery,Nerite, and mini ramshron snail. it will really depend on the tempremant of your betta, and how well you set up the tank. If it has lots of hiding spots a sight breaks, if the betta is territorial it will be easier for the other fish to escape his detection/wrath as appose to a football field tank, where he can see EVERTHING and therefore EVERYTHING is his territory. So really it depends on the betta, and sadly there is no good way to know until you try.I advise in this setup adding the betta last so it doesnt establish territories and kill all the other fish. where the other fish can act as good dithers for the betta if you add the betta last.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2023 at 12:14 PM, AquariumCentral said:

Those are some long living fish!

• Like 1