How can i save him

smvian_memes

This is my pet fish and he has dropsy I guess I don't know which disease he is suffering from but from like many months its almost 2 months he is in this position tilted position and I asked A shopkeeper so he told me that he will not live more than two months but he is living till this day and I want to cure my fish   but I don't know how can I cure  him properly . Two ants bit him idont know i spotted ants on his belly snd so he is swollen from teo sides

IMG_20230301_124512.jpg

It’s hard to make out for me what’s going on in the picture but I can empathize as my pet fish currently is undergoing some serious treatment for an illness he developed out of the blue. I’ve read many things that can help with dropsy if that diagnosis is correct. Salt treatments (epsom I believe) medications such as the med trio help ease the symptoms, obviously water changes making sure the environment is stress free and of good quality etc. I’ve even heard live foods help as they pass through the digestive tract easier. My point with saying this is it’s not a guaranteed death sentence there are things you can do. I can’t recommend personally a sure fire treatment for dropsy from experience as I’ve only dealt with it in guppies and was not proactive when it was noticed, however I can say that @Colu has been monumental in helping me diagnose and treat many things, very knowledgeable. I would try to get the best picture possible of what’s going on, and as much info as you can gather such as tank size equipment, stock load, water parameters, feeding regiment etc. and then proceed from there 

• Like 1

Thank you for the clarification, I’m no expert but I will tell you about dropsy as I understand it. It is a condition that can be caused by a number of different things ranging from the food you feed to some of the fishes bodily processes shutting down. Typically when it is left untreated for long periods of time it isn’t something the fish recover from, there are success stories, many of them so I do not want to discourage you, this is just my understanding. Treatments that are recommended usually treat the uncomfortable symptoms rather then “cure” the issue. This can extend the longevity of the fishes life significantly so it is worth it to me at least especially in the case of a pet fish. I would try to relax for now and address the ant issue so that doesn’t continue, perhaps something sticky like tape or ant traps around the tank so they can’t get to the fish, and a lid that still allows oxygen to pass through, can be home made like greenhouse panel or craft mesh, whatever route you take you don’t want those pesky ants interfering with treatment. As far as actual treatment goes I would relax for the evening and wait for someone more knowledgeable to weigh in with a step by step for you, I don’t want to provide any innaccurate info I just felt for you bc I’m going through something similar, I hope it gets better

I can recommend meds that are said to treat the condition if no one else has personal experience with it, I’m just not well versed, I can say if it were me I would try kanaplex first by seachem, as I’ve had success with that with other things and it seems very mild for medication but it’s worked