Plant ID

JoeQ

I suddenly have all these sprouts, sprouting. I initially thought that they were Crypt Wendetii green since that was recently added. Now, however im thinking Crypt Lucent which I added last year, but since then it has only survived and never really thrived. Could this be a late Lucent bloom? What's the consensus of the community say?  Wendtii, Lucent or other?

20230219_093648.jpg

20230219_093423.jpg

Edited by JoeQ
Fat fingers

On 2/19/2023 at 10:11 AM, Theplatymaster said:

@JoeQit reminds me of lutea, but at this size it will be hard to tell.

my question is; is it really that important? care of all crypts is pretty much identical, the only difference is size and color.

For my sanity it is! 😂 I could care less about modifying my care routine / water parameters for a specific plant. Id rather try a lot of plants and see who likes my soup best! 

• Love 1

On 2/20/2023 at 4:08 PM, Katherine said:

This is a baby wendtii.

20230220_150727.jpg.7ed511e4b6d33f9ff556aa555fd98bad.jpg

This is lucens.

20230220_150740.jpg.6a39355da7ce6b02dc69711b8cf27e1a.jpg

A few definitely look like Wendetii, one looks like a Lucens.. It's weird to me that dividing 1 huge Wendetii resulted in numerous baby sprouts appearing what seems like over night!

Edit: saying over night is an exaggeration, in reality its a month plus...... AT LEAST!

Edited by JoeQ
Added edit comment

On 2/21/2023 at 5:31 AM, JoeQ said:

A few definitely look like Wendetii, one looks like a Lucens.. It's weird to me that dividing 1 huge Wendetii resulted in numerous baby sprouts appearing what seems like over night!

Edit: saying over night is an exaggeration, in reality its a month plus...... AT LEAST!

they can pop up anywhere once well established. i have tons of them in my 120, and looking underneath the tank, it looks like someone poured in a bowl of spaghetti with all the crypt roots. they go absolutely everywhere.

On 2/21/2023 at 9:50 AM, lefty o said:

they can pop up anywhere once well established. i have tons of them in my 120, and looking underneath the tank, it looks like someone poured in a bowl of spaghetti with all the crypt roots. they go absolutely everywhere.

How do these sprout, from spores? And is it also just Wendetii Green? I have had many other varieties of Wendetii, and the only one to sprout this way has been the green variety.