New shrimp!

smm333

My red rili shrimp have completely captured my heart, and have proven to be the gateway shrimp.....I now have a 2nd shrimp tank! 😆 This one is a 10 gallon and currently has 11 blue dreams and a mystery snail. 

I don't know what it is about shrimp, but I'm smitten. I want every color, lol!

20230210_224233.jpg

• Like 6

On 2/11/2023 at 12:01 AM, Lennie said:

I feel you.

After falling in love with my Orange Sakuras, I got Bloody Mary this time.

Shrimp are super fun and exciting to watch!

They are all so beautiful! You can't make a wrong choice!

On 2/11/2023 at 9:06 AM, Flumpweesel said:

I know that feeling I keep looking at blue.

I was amazed by how cool they look in person. They are cooler than the images I have seen. I also read they can be kept with carbon rili (my dream shrimp) and wont revert to wild colors. They will breed blue dream, carbon rili or blue rili patterns. That will give me 3 types with just one tank. A serious win!

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 8:45 PM, smm333 said:

I was amazed by how cool they look in person. They are cooler than the images I have seen. I also read they can be kept with carbon rili (my dream shrimp) and wont revert to wild colors. They will breed blue dream, carbon rili or blue rili patterns. That will give me 3 types with just one tank. A serious win!

Someone who is more experienced breeding different varieties together may help better, but blue dreams and carbon rilis look on different paths on this one. Maybe only if it was blue velvet? Not sure

image.jpeg.008cd7566ba812508bbe747db8aa73b4.jpeg

Edited by Lennie
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 2:14 AM, smm333 said:

My red rili shrimp have completely captured my heart, and have proven to be the gateway shrimp.....I now have a 2nd shrimp tank! 😆 This one is a 10 gallon and currently has 11 blue dreams and a mystery snail. 

I don't know what it is about shrimp, but I'm smitten. I want every color, lol!

20230210_224233.jpg

Me too! I've fallen in love with shrimp. They're addictive. I can't seem to pull myself away from my tank. I just sit there, staring, mesmerized and squealing with delight at their every move. I love the way they wiggle their tiny little legs. The long antennae and big eyes of the Amanos send me into paroxysms of joy. They're so cute I can hardly stand it. My television is jealous and whining,"You hardly even look at me anymore!"

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2023 at 11:08 AM, Lennie said:

Someone who is more experienced breeding different varieties together may help better, but blue dreams and carbon rilis look on different paths on this one. Maybe only if it was blue velvet? Not sure

Blue dream vs. blue rili you'd see the black on the tail.  Take a carbon rili + Blue dream to make the blue rili.  You'll have some culls, so some may not have any rili pattern on the tail.  The body being a darker tone is often normal, thicker than the tail so it often looks like a rili.

The more consistent the color, the higher the grade of each type.  One of the big indicators people use is leg patterns.

On 2/11/2023 at 12:25 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Blue dream vs. blue rili you'd see the black on the tail.  Take a carbon rili + Blue dream to make the blue rili.  You'll have some culls, so some may not have any rili pattern on the tail.  The body being a darker tone is often normal, thicker than the tail so it often looks like a rili.

The more consistent the color, the higher the grade of each type.  One of the big indicators people use is leg patterns.

I think they are all really cool looking variations. They are for me, so I am not worried about "messing up" a specific line and upsetting a buyer like a breeder would. I think it'll be fun to see the various results without worrying that I'll end up with a tank of only brown and clear. 😉

• Like 2