60 Breeder on 4 foot rack

Phirefase

On 2/1/2023 at 8:41 AM, Phirefase said:

@Theplatymaster yeah the shelves are listed as 48” wide but the tanks are 48.5” wide

With all due respect, I think you're overthinking it. 🙂

Doesn't seem like it's going to fit.

That said, sometimes things are measured "nominally", and the shelf might actually be a little wider.  Is there a store that has a display model of the exact ones you'd be buying that you could go put a tape measure to?

On 2/1/2023 at 10:46 AM, jwcarlson said:

With all due respect, I think you're overthinking it. 🙂

Doesn't seem like it's going to fit.

That said, sometimes things are measured "nominally", and the shelf might actually be a little wider.  Is there a store that has a display model of the exact ones you'd be buying that you could go put a tape measure to?

I know that the Home Depot near me has the Husky shelving units that a lot of people use for rack on display in the store that you could measure it and see. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 8:41 AM, Phirefase said:

@Theplatymaster yeah the shelves are listed as 48” wide but the tanks are 48.5” wide

It looks like there is a trip to a big box hardware store for you in a near future. The shelves we have here at work are 48” outside to outside. Basically, the shelves fit in a 48” opening, so the 48” tank won’t fit in between the legs/posts.

• Like 1

They do make different width options (though they're probably more expensive).  I am honestly surprised that people put tanks on these shelves.  I own a lot of them (the metal shelves with pressboard inserts) and wouldn't trust that loading on them personally.  

• Like 1