Hikari frozen spirulina brine shrimp question

knee

I bought it together with some fish and when I acclimated the fish I totally forgot to put the brine shrimp in the freezer. I just noticed when I was about to sleep so it's been sitting in room temp, which is about 65-70f if the heater isn't on, for about 10-12 hours.

Will that affect the food in any way?

I'm assuming that it wouldn't spoil or have a detrimental effect but I still wanna hear from others. I just want to make sure I don't wipe out my tank because of a simple mistake.

Edited by knee

On 1/22/2023 at 11:20 AM, Patrick_G said:

You’re not the only one who has done this! 😁 I haven’t noticed any spoilage from a melted but sealed pack, but maybe it’s better to err on the side of safety. 

On 1/22/2023 at 11:23 AM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

Like @Patrick_G said, I would err on the side of caution and not use it. Personally, I would consider it a lesson learned and not chance feeding spoiled food. 

On 1/22/2023 at 11:43 AM, MattyM said:

I would also error on the side of safely - but out of curiosity I'd thaw a cube and give it the smell test. But if you think it reached room temp and sat there, then that's a red flag. 

I definitely made the right decision posting on here.

I'll just put it aside and feed it to the snails only. Thank you for the input and suggestions! 

• Like 1