Bubble problem

Harpsandfish

Good morning! I have a very healthy planted community 20 high. The water parameters are very stable and my fish all seem happy and healthy. I have a HOB and have been using a Co-op nano airpump. It has run like a top for two years, but recently stopped. If I tapped it on the wall it’s hanging on it would start up again but only run a short time. I replaced it with a new one and it seemed fine but then the same thing happened after a day. I changed out the airstone and same thing. It’s plugged into a usb adapter that’s plugged into the same outlet as the light and heater and they are fine. Help!

And thanks!

On 1/21/2023 at 10:00 AM, Harpsandfish said:

It’s plugged into a usb adapter that’s plugged into the same outlet as the light and heater and they are fine. Help!

Leave the sponge itself in the tank. Take the rest of it to somewhere that you can take photos of everything please.

There's a few reasons stuff like this happens and so we have to look into a few things.

Question, does the air stone itself work alone without the sponge filter?

Disassemble the sponge filter, take some photos of everything, check for fod/flack and make sure the air pathway isn't obstructed on the green plastic.  There could be some calcium you might need to chip off or a piece of plastic from manufacturing causing some issues for you. 

Hopefully we can get it figured out.

• Like 1