Bristlenose Pleco Eggs/Fry

AllFishNoBrakes

Super surprised, wasn’t expecting this at all, but we have Bristlenose eggs/wigglers! Obviously I was late to the party as a few have already hatched, and more are hatching as soon as I put them into the tumbler. Yolk sacs on these guys are huge!

A few wigglers didn’t make it to the tumbler, and are bouncing around the tank so I’m excited to see if they make it. We’ll see. 

What do you guys feed your Pleco fry? My current plan is to move them to my Ziss breeder box when that shows up and give them algae wafers, zucchini, green beans, and sinking waters. Probably some baby brine shrimp as well. Any other hot tips you pros have?

83955BFD-796C-4A21-9A3A-0E4DA9116594.jpeg

• Like 2

Oh, word. I’ve bred a couple types of Cory’s. In my experience it’s good food and time. Check your tank often for eggs and when you see them, pull them and put them in the tumbler. 

My Albino Cory’s spawn all at once in big batches. My Julii’s have been spawning near daily, but like 10 eggs at a time (or at least 10 I can see)

On 1/20/2023 at 12:39 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

Oh, word. I’ve bred a couple types of Cory’s. In my experience it’s good food and time. Check your tank often for eggs and when you see them, pull them and put them in the tumbler. 

My Albino Cory’s spawn all at once in big batches. My Julii’s have been spawning near daily, but like 10 eggs at a time (or at least 10 I can see)

i have had my albinos spawning on a weekly schedule, my issue is usually none of the eggs hatch, and even when i had 200 eggs, 1 hatched.