Redtail shark seems to be sick

Staceyh527

I noticed today my Redtail shark isn’t swimming as much as usual he is about 4 or so years old and he lives with boesemani rainbow fish and khuli loaches. He has always been very active and black with a bright red tail but his tail seems to be looking see through in the middle. My hospital tank is in use with a sick mollie so can I just treat the whole 75 with all inhabitants and with what? Thanks for any help you can give 

85E8A645-3B94-47FA-8393-CA599003AD87.jpeg

Edited by Staceyh527
To add photo

He isn’t as active as normal sits on the bottom he did eat today no problem he was rapidly breathing I will check again in the am   He does swim no surface swimming just doesn’t chase as normal and scavenge as much. Ph: 7.4 ammonia: looks like 0, nitrite : looks like 0 to me my son says different he says .2 nitrates 80  I have changed nothing in that tank in forever it’s loaded with plants and I do put easy green not every week though. I do water test and changes if needed on fridays they got a water change last Friday  I’m putting pics of test if it will let me. I didn’t add ph it’s easy to tell that it’s dark here too so that don’t help. Thanks for any help you can give I’ve had this tank up for over 3 years and he is my favorite fish. 

6CA4CC90-3E8E-4206-97E6-8210F74868E9.jpeg

A9BDBD84-47CC-4FD1-9560-1D6BBD0D12D0.jpeg

B95BE179-6F2D-4F04-8E5D-A5362C2B0A97.jpeg

90BE3F4A-CE64-4D91-AE95-91533C7008B5.jpeg

It could be your high levels of nitrates it looks like 80ppm to me high levels of nitrates can effect your fishs immune causing secondary infection rapid breathing lethargy poor feeding response loss of colour what I would do is cut back on the easy green as that adds nitrates to your tank increase water changes add a double dose of prime that will help to detoxify any nitrates till get your nitrates below 40ppm I would aim to keep your nitrates between 20-30ppm @Staceyh527

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

Thank you I don’t use easy green every week but I do notice when I do the nitrates go up which makes since. I use it usually when I see my plants aren’t looking their best. I did put Fritz’s complete in there last night he is up and swimming more this morning the color has come back some in his tail we will see how he acts at feeding today I sure do appreciate the help with this. No rapid breathing either thank the Lord!!!