Cichlid Breeding Aggression

Theplatymaster

So i might be setting up a new tank soon. And that means that my betta would get a new home, so I could get a new centerpeice fish, a Bolivian Ram, Or Krib. However i think it will be cool to breed the cichlids too. So my one question is how aggresive are these cichlids when they breed? Tankmates would be Platies,Panda Garra, and Cories.

kribs are easy to breed and very predictable. They will be aggressive towards anything at the bottom of the tank so cories are definitely out and panda garra are very iffy but might work. platies should be fine. A bit does depend on your tank size so a large enough tank might work better.

On 1/11/2023 at 6:21 AM, Theplatymaster said:

So i might be setting up a new tank soon. And that means that my betta would get a new home, so I could get a new centerpeice fish, a Bolivian Ram, Or Krib. However i think it will be cool to breed the cichlids too. So my one question is how aggresive are these cichlids when they breed? Tankmates would be Platies,Panda Garra, and Cories.

Any dwarf cichlid will be aggressive when they breed. Bolivan rams and kribs are easy to breed, cories and panda garra might get attacked but thats only when spawning

• Thanks 1