10 gallon Direction

Zach K

Hey all,

im looking to put a couple ten gallon facing the long way on this board below my 30 gallon aquarium (36” long) as you can see in the photo the board I have is not wide enough to fully cover the ten gallon so the corners are hanging off. I have heard this can cause issues with an aquarium as it can twist under the weight of the water. However I was wondering if you can get away with it, with a ten gallon. Opinions, experience ect. Would be great, thank you! 

7524C151-11F9-4E79-B30A-FF37370B4985.jpeg

It should be fine as long as the bottom rim of the tank on the wood is in solid contact.  But having said that I am NOT recommending that you do it.  I personally would cut an additional board that fits the dimension of the tank and screw it to the current shelf board.

• Thanks 1

It would just be one ten gallon the other one won’t hold water it will be for dart frog grow outs. I think the stand should be fine, it’s a solid metal stand. 

On 1/7/2023 at 9:08 PM, Gwallace said:

It should be fine as long as the bottom rim of the tank on the wood is in solid contact.  But having said that I am NOT recommending that you do it.  I personally would cut an additional board that fits the dimension of the tank and screw it to the current shelf board.

Yes, I think that is the best option, thank you.