Shrimp tank is almost ready!!!

smm333

I have my 20 long all set up with sand, matten filter,  Malaysian driftwood with plants and Christmas moss attached,  susswassertang, floating plants- I forget their name,  mushroom decorative piece, big Indian almond leaf,  and lights. Just waiting on my glass top to be delivered before I add snails, then onto an order of shrimps!

20221229_155104.jpg

20221229_155148.jpg

20221229_155208.jpg

20221229_155235.jpg

• Love 3

On 12/30/2022 at 6:35 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Tough one…red looks nicer on a black substrate.

Yeah, I really like the look of black rilis, but wasn't sure about substrate. There's basically black or white with sand and they are black and white... 🤔

Tank looks nice! My only piece of advice would be to wait until that tank gets covered in algae before getting your shrimp. 

My shrimp only tank was a 20L as well. I set it up, and then let it get pretty gross before adding my shrimp. I believe having lots of algae for them to graze on as well as getting my shrimp from someone locally really helped me out and I had no issues whatsoever. Best of luck with your shrimp tank!

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2022 at 10:13 AM, Rube_Goldfish said:

Do you know what went wrong, or rather why it went wrong?

Yes, I know what went wrong but if I say it here, it will ruffle some feathers.

I have been put in my place some time ago and was told not to make comments. (I hope I don`t get in trouble again.)

However, I know what I`m talking about. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2022 at 10:22 AM, BuzzDaddy21 said:

Yes, I know what went wrong but if I say it here, it will ruffle some feathers.

I have been put in my place some time ago and was told not to make comments. (I hope I don`t get in trouble again.)

However, I know what I`m talking about. 

Okay, fair enough. I'm hoping to set up a Neocaridina tank myself in the new year, a first for me, so I'm trying to learn from everyone's experiences.

@smm333 Good luck!

On 12/30/2022 at 7:37 AM, Rube_Goldfish said:

Okay, fair enough. I'm hoping to set up a Neocaridina tank myself in the new year, a first for me, so I'm trying to learn from everyone's experiences.

@smm333 Good luck!

Thank you! I adore shrimp and have had no look with my soft water. After binging on flip aquatics videos, mixing and testing water, and setting up my tank to their standards, I feel like I'm ready for success! Here's to successful shrimp keeping in 2023! 🎉

• Love 1