I'm not sure if this counts as a disease, but does your Betta ever lie on her back?

DaPrawf

When I went to feed my 29 gallon community tank this am, I couldn't see my female Betta. After looking around, I saw her lying on her back on some plants near the bottom. I freaked. I figured it was swim bladder disease or maybe something even worse. I went in with a fish net and then she freaked, darting all over. I caught her and moved her into a quarantine tank. She has been swimming normally for the last 10 hours or so and exhibits no unusual behavior. Her color is normal.

The water parameters in the community tank are fine.

Ammonia: 0 ppm

Nitrite: 0 ppm

Nitrate 10 ppm

KH: 2

GH: 7

pH: 6.8

Temp: 76.8

It's a heavily planted tank. All the other fish are fine.

I read on the internet that some Bettas sleep in really weird positions, so I'm hoping she was just sleeping. I plan to leave her in the quarantine tank for a week or so before sending her back to the community tank.

Any other suggestions

I haven't kept Betta's I would say it's unusual to have your Betta rest on her back it's possible she could have swim into something in the tank and it's been temporarily stunned  I would just monitor for the next couple of days you could add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons that will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes @DaPrawf

• Thanks 1

One of my bettas occasionally laid on his back when he was stressed or sick in some way. That’s when I’d know to inspect him a little to see what the problem was. Aquarium salt is good. It healed him quickly.

A week with aquarium salt and than daily 25% water change is what I’d always do and it would clear up whatever the infection one at the end of the week. Make sure his water remains clean.

• Thanks 1