Tank parameters 

well planted

Ammonia 0 

nitrite 0 

nitrate 5ppm 

PH 7.5 

Gh 20 

Kh 8-10 

Hey guys little update on my Asian rummy nose (sawbwa resplendens) who seemed to have some kind of wasting disease.

It seems after several weeks of treating with Esha NDX, ESHA GDEX and Esha 2000 which covers internal and external parasites, internal Bacteria and fungus issues 

It seems that the 3 who were not eating have slowly started to pick at bits of food in the aquarium and definitely seem a lot more to active so its looking hopeful at the moment! I think it was the esha 2000 which i am still dosing daily was the cure and i am suspecting the cause was internal Bacteria 

But anybody who has these fish or gets them in the future i can tell you they appear to be very resistant to medications which is good as i has previously heard that they were very sensitive “scaless” fish 

I also highly recommend them they are really fun little fish to watch with the males having little sparring matches to win over the ladies.

I also recommend ESHA products to all my UK friends as an alternative to the med trio, all the products above are shrimp safe, filter safe and plant safe and they also have videos on youtube that are really honest and comprehensive on each product.

Edited by Mattyd123

On 12/28/2022 at 10:50 PM, Mattyd123 said:

Tank parameters 

well planted

Ammonia 0 

nitrite 0 

nitrate 5ppm 

PH 7.5 

Gh 20 

Kh 8-10 

Hey guys little update on my Asian rummy nose (sawbwa resplendens) who seemed to have some kind of wasting disease.

It seems after several weeks of treating with Esha NDX, ESHA GDEX and Esha optima which covers internal and external parasites, internal Bacteria and fungus issues 

It seems that the 3 who were not eating have slowly started to pick at bits of food in the aquarium and definitely seem a lot more to active so its looking hopeful at the moment! I think it was the esha optima which i am still dosing daily was the cure and i am suspecting the cause was internal Bacteria 

But anybody who has these fish or gets them in the future i can tell you they appear to be very resistant to medications which is good as i has previously heard that they were very sensitive “scaless” fish 

I also highly recommend them they are really fun little fish to watch with the males having little sparring matches to win over the ladies.

I also recommend ESHA products to all my UK friends as an alternative to the med trio, all the products above are shrimp safe, filter safe and plant safe and they also have videos on youtube that are really honest and comprehensive on each product.

I would recommend doing another course of ESHA Gdex and ESHA ndx ESHA optima it a vitamin and mineral to boost the immune system that why your seeing a benefial effective it won't type internal bacterial infection's 

Oh woops thats my bad i meant to write esha 2000 which is the bacteria one! I got confused because i am using optima as well but I’m not entirely sure if that’s doing anything positive or negative 😂 

sorry for the confusion 

so I’m doing a daily dose of optima currently and i do plan on redosing ndex and gdex at the 2 week mark in order to kill any potential hatching parasites that may be active 

will exit the original post just now 

Edited by Mattyd123

On 12/30/2022 at 7:18 PM, Mattyd123 said:

Oh woops thats my bad i meant to write esha 2000 which is the bacteria one! I got confused because i am using optima as well but I’m not entirely sure if that’s doing anything positive or negative 😂 

sorry for the confusion 

so I’m doing a daily dose of optima currently and i do plan on redosing ndex and gdex at the 2 week mark in order to kill any potential hatching parasites that may be active 

will exit the original post just now 

ESHA 2000 is only effective at treating mild external bacterial infection it doesn't treat internal bacterial infection for that you would need kanaplex or maracyn2 or add antibiotic medications to food