Tricks for netting shrimp?

Rube_Goldfish

Is there some technique I don't know for netting shrimp? Specially Amano shrimp, in my case? It's a moderately planted ten gallon tank, and I want to transfer them all to the 55 gallon upgrade tank, but they didn't get the memo. Maybe I'm just being too cautious of their long, fine antennae and legs and need to just go for it, but I don't want to hurt them or the plants. I'll drain the tank and take out the plants and hardscape if I have to, but the tank is going really well at the moment, so if I don't have to I'd rally rather not.

Pictured: Amano shrimp eating spinach and taunting me20221226_164856.jpg.c0bdf53bf611287926ba1f01c13c57da.jpg

Like crawfish when they are ready to get out of someplace quick they swim backwards. I typically place the net behind them and wave an object in front them whether it be my fingers or tweezers. They often will either jump into the net or high enough to where I can scoop them up. I have never had an issue transporting them from the net to the container I hold them in. They are some tough critters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1