Golden Panchax selling

Taco Playz

If you are looking to sell to them to the LFS, I would personally see if you can work out a store credit option with them. See what they will offer you per fish in store credit. It ends up working out great because it becomes an easy way to fund your hobby. You get fish food and supplies to keep your hobby going while they are getting fish from a local breeder, it's a win/win. You can always take some of your fry and sell them on aquabid and make some side cash as well. 

I get more in store credit than money at my LFSs’ I sell to. I don’t get a ton of fish from any of them but I do some times and they are willing to do special orders for me. I do get lots of supplies because they give the store credit and then sell at cost to me. Depends on how much fish you have aqua-bid like mentioned above is a good place to sell. eBay is ok as well but eBay will likely mean lower prices for you. 

Agreed that I get more store credit than I would cash. And then anything I want to buy (fish, plants, hard scape, foods, equipment) is essentially free. Works out nicely for me. 

I try to get 25-30% of what they’re going to sell them for. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn’t. Today I traded 55 Angelfish at $1.50/fish when I know they’re gonna sell them for $8-10. But I’d rather them take the fish than me be stuck with them. For things I know they sell for more, I ask for more. It all works out and funds my hobby for free, basically. 

Also, you have to work on the relationship with the store and the crew. I used to shoot off an email and hope they’d take my fish. Now, I know they like what I produce, and I know the manager is going to be like, “we want all of them. Bring them in whenever we’re open”, but it took time to get to that place with them. 

• Like 2

I agree that selling at a little lower price is better than having “extra” fish. @AllFishNoBrakessays it all about right with building that relationship. I have several stores I can sell to but one that will buy whatever I have even if they don’t really need them because they know that they are going to to get my best and I’ll adjust  my breed to the extent I can. 

Edited by rockfisher
  • Like 1