Peacock grudgen white mouth

JGlidden

20 gallon planted tank  Tanks at 78f no ammonia or nitrites, 40 nitrates (dosing with easy green) 25% water change 4 days ago. Tanks been running 3 months. Cycled easy ran a large aquarium coop sponge filter out of my 75 gallon. Started as a hospital tank/quarantine till daughter wanted fish with unicorn, rainbow, castle theme. 3 panda cories, 5 lamp eye, 3 zebra danios, 5 Peacock grudgen, 5 narite snails, 3 bristlenose. I've had trouble with panda cories survival rate but I think p Co get in and sell dying fish. Last 3 I got were it 2 others were dead in their tank. 

the white patches on the mouth is usually the start of mouth rot associated with columnaris it spreads more quickly at higher temperatures and can kill your in 24hr up to 7 days depending on the stain I would quarantine and treat with kanaplex and Jungle fungus clear fizz tab's containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan I would also keep a close eye on your other fish if more start to show symptoms I would treat the main tank @JGlidden

IMG_20220714_201545.jpg

On 12/22/2022 at 9:38 PM, Colu said:

the white patches on the mouth is usually the start of mouth rot associated with columnaris it spreads more quickly at higher temperatures and can kill your in 24hr up to 7 days depending on the stain I would quarantine and treat with kanaplex and Jungle fungus clear fizz tab's containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan I would also keep a close eye on your other fish if more start to show symptoms I would treat the main tank @JGlidden

IMG_20220714_201545.jpg

On 12/22/2022 at 9:38 PM, Colu said:

IMG_20220714_201545.jpg

I have ich x , parashield , maracyn on hand. I'm thinking the maracyn is what I have that'll work? Sorry I'm kinda green but trying. Bought what I thought would cover most illnesses before they occurred. I quarantined and gave maracyn. would ich x be helpful?

On 12/23/2022 at 3:45 AM, JGlidden said:

I have ich x , parashield , maracyn on hand. I'm thinking the maracyn is what I have that'll work? Sorry I'm kinda green but trying. Bought what I thought would cover most illnesses before they occurred. I quarantined and gave maracyn. would ich x be helpful?

Columnaris is a gram negative bacteria it requires a more broad spectrum antibiotic treatment that why I recommend treating with kanaplex and Jungle fungus clear fizz tab's containing nitrofurazone it's the most effective treatment I have found for columnaris maracyn predominantly treat's gram positive and some gram negative bacteria it isn't very effective at treating columnaris 

• 3 weeks later...

I quarantined the fish and tried treating but it didn't make it unfortunately. Fortunately it didn't spread to any of the other fish in the tank. Thank you for all the advice. I think I need to learn what gram positive and gram negative is.