Bronze cory eggs!!!

sankaz

I was watching my bronze corys and realized they were displaying breeding behavior. First I thought something was wrong with my girl because her ventral fins were stuck together then there were two eggs on the gravel where she had stopped for a moment. Before I knew it one of the platys sucked up both eggs!!! I hope my cory finds a better place to put her eggs. Oh here they go again!!!!!!

On 12/13/2022 at 6:38 PM, cavdad45 said:

In a best situation, you may need to remove her to a spare tank and use a egg mop for her to lay eggs, or a hang on side breeder to collect eggs

Just removing the female will mean infertile eggs. They need to mate with a male over and over for hours to fertilize each egg. They only fertilize 1-4 at a time then run off to lay it. A spawning mop however would work. It hides the eggs and makes it easier for you to collect them. 

Thank you for all of your advice. Right now I'm just leaving them as is, I've had an explosion of molly and platy babies so I'm letting the community monitor itself. Eventually I do want to keep some eggs and fry from my corys. I'm just so excited to have created a system that makes my fish feel that they can have babies.