Honey gourami poop!

Rita

Odd question… but I got my honey gourami about a month ago and I don’t think it has stopped pooping since I’ve put it in my tank. Is that weird? I’ve never had a gourami before and I don’t know if I should be concerned. I know it’s not the same poop just dangling too… The tank is literally covered in his poop just a few days after cleaning. And when I’m watching him as soon as one drops he’s got more right adtrt

ps. I named him Gorlomi the Gourami, 10 points for anyone who gets the reference.

• Haha 2

On 11/11/2022 at 5:12 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Is the poop normal or weird colored? It might be a sign of internal parasites.

Normal... I also dewormed just because I was confused why he was pooping so much lol. I also had a fair bit of hair algae attached to plants that I not cleaned off and I'm pretty sure this little bugger picked the plants clean.... is it possible he's just literally always eating?

On 11/11/2022 at 5:23 PM, Rita said:

.. is it possible he's just literally always eating?

Some fish are very bad about let's just call it not swimming around with junk on themselves.

It's definitely odd, but depending on what it looks like would be the indicator.

Did you run one treatment for parasite or multiple? Did you run treatments of both paracleanse and expel-P?

On 11/14/2022 at 1:26 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

lDid you run one treatment for parasite or multiple? Did you run treatments of both paracleanse and expel-P?

I did one treatment of expel P which appeared to make no difference. The poops look normal and the gourami is gaining weight and acting normal… I’m just not convinced it’s parasites 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 4:55 PM, Rita said:

ps. I named him Gorlomi the Gourami, 10 points for anyone who gets the reference.

Can't help you with the poop but when I told my husband I was thinking about getting a gourami, that was his reply, "a Gorlomi?" 😂

He's a movie nerd, not a fish nerd. 

I am not a movie nerd, but little bits rub off on me. It's from Inglorious Basterds, yes? 

• Love 1

On 11/14/2022 at 6:18 AM, Rita said:

I did one treatment of expel P which appeared to make no difference. The poops look normal and the gourami is gaining weight and acting normal… I’m just not convinced it’s parasites 

For expel-P and Paracleanse (either one) you need a minimum of 2 treatments with a little bit of a break inbetween each one, usually 7-14 days.  It is often recommended to follow up with a third. (three weeks of treatment, basically)

First treatment would kill something alive, then it would let whatever else is there hatch, then you kill that with the second treatment. 

On 11/14/2022 at 9:10 AM, Anjum said:

Can't help you with the poop but when I told my husband I was thinking about getting a gourami, that was his reply, "a Gorlomi?" 😂

He's a movie nerd, not a fish nerd. 

I am not a movie nerd, but little bits rub off on me. It's from Inglorious Basterds, yes? 

Yea! Brad Pitt’s character trying to be Italian 😂 

• Haha 1