More UGF help

CJs Aquatics

Sounds like a kind of cyanobacteria I've gotten before. In my experience it tends to grow under the gravel,up against the glass (I've had it in tanks with/without ugf). Generally it's harmless to plants and animals. I haven't had it go crazy like the blue green stuff. The only thing I've noticed eating it were nematodes and rotifers that hang out under the gravel. Unless it's causing problems, I'd say don't worry about it....

Edited by Expectorating_Aubergine
  • Thanks 1

I have a bad picture of what I’m referring too I believe, that’s an uplift tube on the UGF, it’s still flowing properly but something from underneath has caused this orange like pumpkin colored mystery, nothing seems to be effected as of now however I just figured better safe then sorry, @Expectorating_Aubergine thank you for the response 89533A88-2CDF-4A7F-8115-6FCB1CA748A1.jpeg.7bb6701ff2a588f8a137dba50e7362cb.jpeg

Ah that would make sense, no just one big puffer named Jabba lol I’m gonna try to do some maintenance when I get home from work just some water changing and organic plant matter removal just for a bit of peace of mind but I guess since nothing seems effected I won’t worry too much 

Could be a type of algae or bacteria building up.  If you get a Q-Tip and get a sample and then examine it outside of the tank....

If it looks like snot, probably bacteria
If it looks like dirt or coffee or something it's likely a form of brown algae.

You'll see that stuff pretty commonly on lift tubes for sponges.  Certain types of fish might try to go in and graze on it too.

• Love 1