guppy has fin rot

SC Fish

i was observing my 20 gallon and 1 of the new guppys i put in was acting a bit odd so i looked for any obvious damage on him, the dorsal fin looks like its split in half, im pretty sure its fin rot. 

how do i treat this??

im going to my local fish store tommorow to get some products and also get advise there. 

anything can help

Can you post a picture?  If it’s just split it’s probably not fin rot just a tear and will be fine if you keep good water. 
fin rot is black, white or clear deterioration at the far edges of the fines. 
My boys tear their ridiculous long tails all the time. Never worse for the wear and always heal up. 

On 10/28/2022 at 6:52 PM, Guppysnail said:

Can you post a picture?  If it’s just split it’s probably not fin rot just a tear and will be fine if you keep good water. 
My boys tear their ridiculous long tails all the time. Never worse for the wear and always heal up. 

ill see if i can tank some without having all the other fish get in the camera, they do that for some reason

On 10/28/2022 at 6:52 PM, Guppysnail said:

make of this as you will , he is the orange tailed one

20221028_185338.jpg

20221028_185340.jpg

20221028_185346.jpg

20221028_185352.jpg

Edited by SC Fish