Product that doesn’t exist that you want

Caidenh24

Mine partially exists... I would like the Aquarium Coop Heater to either A) Have the temperature readout on the remote, or B) Program the readout to turn off after a set period of time until the button is pressed again.  I really like the heater and will be using them, but I don't like the readout to be lit 24/7.  I just have to position mine to be hidden from the primary viewing angle.

Second the notion for a sponge filter that isn’t neon green. I know it’s part of the brand and everything, but something about cylindrical and prismatic shapes make the color stick out a lot. A black, translucent gray (à la Fluval) or even a rock shaped base with a random looking sponge would be an interesting product. If you could figure out how to keep it from algaeing the stink out of the canopy above it as well you’d have my money for sure. 

• Like 2

On 10/28/2022 at 11:35 AM, billango said:

At some point I'm going to add a rain system to the underside of one of my lids. Very simple with just a pump from the tank to tubing with holes on the underside of the lid so I can make it rain. No real practical purpose except for the effect and maybe a tad bit more 'nature' simulation for the fishies. Also might make it smart so I can either control it from an app or the rain coincides with the actual outside rain (although I live around seattle so that might be a lot of rainy days during the cooler months...). 

if you find a way to make this easily let me know I'm in love with this idea.

On 10/30/2022 at 6:25 PM, meadeam said:

Mine partially exists... I would like the Aquarium Coop Heater to either A) Have the temperature readout on the remote, or B) Program the readout to turn off after a set period of time until the button is pressed again.  I really like the heater and will be using them, but I don't like the readout to be lit 24/7.  I just have to position mine to be hidden from the primary viewing angle.

I have an aquatop heater that works like this with a display and control outside the tank. It's not the best heater, doesnt keep temperature the most consistent, but it works good as a heater for my RODI water bins haha. 

On 10/31/2022 at 10:11 AM, Gannon said:

I have an aquatop heater that works like this with a display and control outside the tank. It's not the best heater, doesnt keep temperature the most consistent, but it works good as a heater for my RODI water bins haha. 

I may place mine behind a medium sponge with a power head.  The LED will not distract from the main viewing angle, and flow around the heater will be less of a concern.

On 10/31/2022 at 9:26 AM, meadeam said:

I may place mine behind a medium sponge with a power head.  The LED will not distract from the main viewing angle, and flow around the heater will be less of a concern.

I have fluval LED heaters. It never bothered me how bright they are but now I feel like I have reason for them to bother me haha. I just kinda liked how they looked and they need to be right by the filter output anyways. 

CHEAP All-in one Aquarium Controllers for lights, heaters, flow, etc that runs on an app, Shows your parameters, AI that gives alerts if a fish is sick or dead, tells you if there are new inhabitants (fry), auto water changes, and controls CO2. I guess that does pretty much everything. If somehow this could be invented I am sure it would cost a fortune! I

On 10/28/2022 at 9:07 AM, Fish Folk said:

I’d love to see a clear HOB hydroponic kit.

I actually have a little all-in-one tank that was marketed as an aquaponics type setup. The top of the integrated rear sump was designed to be filled with lyca and plants.
I like the idea of a wide HOB that extends across the whole back of the tank, especially since so many of us already use HOB filters and grow emerged  plants. Combining the two seem totally logical. 

• Like 2

On 10/28/2022 at 11:49 AM, TOtrees said:

Totally different response, with a much smaller scale. Any of you have the problem where the generously-sized prefilter that fits on the uplift or return of your hob filter causes the bottom of the uplift to be pushed away from the rear wall of the tank, which affects how the hob sits on the rim? There needs to be an adapter to offset the uplift tube. 

Second suggestion, related to above: If we're all going to agree that prefilters on filter returns are a good idea, and we all also agree that cleaning them is required/necessary, why don't we have parts to change how the prefilter goes on so that it slots on from above, not from below. I've mickey-mouse'd something like this, but a proper part or assembly would be nice:

image.png.8ed6805ef994e41dea5d5c9611ff3933.png

Good point. It is a pain adding the pre filter to it from inside the tank I will take this to the drawing boards and see what I can do. Will give info soon. Also planning on sending it to Cory to see if he would want to test it when it is done!

On 10/28/2022 at 1:07 PM, TOtrees said:

ooh, like a sponge filter that looks like a big rock! with a bit of shape and texture!

Maybe I can make this for my next project doesn’t seem to hard. I don’t think for now I am sticking with the HOB filter! Thanks though!

On 10/31/2022 at 7:11 AM, Gannon said:

On 10/31/2022 at 1:36 PM, Patrick_G said:

I actually have a little all-in-one tank that was marketed as an aquaponics type setup. The top of the integrated rear sump was designed to be filled with lyca and plants.
I like the idea of a wide HOB that extends across the whole back of the tank, especially since so many of us already use HOB filters and grow emerged  plants. Combining the two seem totally logical. 

Yep I am making it right now. It will be clear also. This is what I am going with I like it the best and it seems like it is decently the easiest. Any other stuff any one want to see out on it also I will definitely look at. I was going to plan to do one someone said by extending the intake tube out more so a intake sponge can fit and make it so you can just slide it on from on top of the tank instead of getting your hand wet. 

Thanks for all the replies I really appreciate it there was so many. I got no notifications so I didn’t know that you all sent so much. I just noticed when I went to go send something to Cory. Hopefully the notifications work next time so I can respond quicker. There is definitely some good ones and I might make them later but the first one is the clear aquaponics HOB filter. It is going to be really cool hoping to send updates soon! 🙂

• Like 1