Shrimp Berried Momma

Cinnebuns

First of all, sorry I haven't been as active as I used to be. Life has pulled me in a few different directions lately!  I did see the tag from @Chick-In-Of-TheSea and do plan to give an update tho!!

Im relatively new to shrimp keeping. I've been keeping this colony for about 4 or 5 months now and still waiting on my first babies which I know is fairly typical. My first berried momma died to an unknown reason. She looked fine. I was unable to save the eggs because by the time I contacted my friend for advice (1 hour later) the eggs had been eaten. 

Now I have a 2nd berried momma. Today I was moving some moss around and found she had buried herself in it. Initially I was concerned maybe she was hiding to release them and I disturbed her. I later realized her eggs now look white. A friend advised me it MAY possibly be fungus. His recommended treatment was a light amount of salt. He wasn't confident in this so I'm asking for other opinions. 

Ty for your time!

This is the best pic I could get before she went and hid again.

20221023_172629.jpg

• Like 3

Hmm. It's hard to tell. Looks mostly like eggs to me. Are they fuzzy? What does it look like when she fans them? Eggs vary in color. I wouldn't be too concerned unless she can't separate them to fan or if they are fuzzy.

My orange shrimp have eggs that are white, clearish, yellow, grey, and greenish. Light effects the color sometimes too.

• Like 3

I feel like shrimp moms are like the watched pot that never boils. When you are paying attention, it appears they have no babies. When you ignore them or write them off as a failed experiment and go about your business, one day you find 647 shrimp in your tank. Assuming you have good places for shrimplets to hide from fish (if there are any in your shrimp tank) and the shrimp have food, you will probably have an army of them soon. 

• Like 3