Panda Cory Eye Injury?

Stef

Brought home 3 panda corys for my existing troop of 6. Four days later this eye issue appeared. Looks popped and has filmy stuff covering and hanging off. Doesn’t look like parasite. Removed him to qt with cycled sponge from another tank. Added 1 tbsp aquarium salt. Qt tank is 4 gal. Too much salt?  I have other meds but thought of starting easy. 

First pic is the qt. Remaining pics are in his display tank while he was up close. 

Display tank temp is 77

should I heat the qt tank? I think they prefer cooler temps but room temp is maybe 70. 

D8DD2C07-679E-4D64-B2DF-7C7BBCCA1283.jpeg

D11F92D7-88B4-4367-B744-5E9FC8BE29E4.jpeg

A6903CDA-C8AB-47C2-B8B8-250C1432CEDE.jpeg

6C86CA49-FC83-484A-A28A-AC8E22FB9BBB.jpeg

FFBDCCE8-F45C-4807-9CFC-ACE324631C43.jpeg

Looks  an  eye injury causing fluid buildup in the eye that level of salt should be fine and it will help to reduce fluid buildup in the eye and I would also do a cause of maracyn to cover against any possible bacteria infection in the eye 

Thanks @Colu. I’m not sure if this is one of the new fish, but when I poured him into the net after drip acclimating from the plastic bag, one of the three got stuck in the bag a bit and I had to sort of shake him out of the bag. Could there have been some “rug burn” on the eye that caused this from the plastic bag?  

On 10/23/2022 at 12:44 AM, Stef said:

Thanks @Colu. I’m not sure if this is one of the new fish, but when I poured him into the net after drip acclimating from the plastic bag, one of the three got stuck in the bag a bit and I had to sort of shake him out of the bag. Could there have been some “rug burn” on the eye that caused this from the plastic bag?  

It's very unlikely that the plastic bag damage the eye  it's more than likely it injured the eye on something in the tank 

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2022 at 6:25 PM, Colu said:

Looks  an  eye injury causing fluid buildup in the eye that level of salt should be fine and it will help to reduce fluid buildup in the eye and I would also do a cause of maracyn to cover against any possible bacteria infection in the eye 

He did not make it, unfortunately.

• Sad 1