My 125 gallon tank scratches like no other.

Gannon

Near the substrate and even beyond on some areas of my tank, scratches are everywhere. It's so odd because no matter how careless i am cleaning my other sand substrate tanks there are no noticeable scratches. I try ridiculously hard to not scratch the 125 taking time to let sand settle, flick sand out of toothbrush, moving sand out of the way before scrubbing by substrate etc, but it keeps happening and it really bothers me with how big and noticeable they can be sometimes. Any tips, or even ways to repair scratches on the inside of a tank? Assuming there isn't a way without draining. 

On 10/21/2022 at 4:31 PM, Gannon said:

Near the substrate and even beyond on some areas of my tank, scratches are everywhere. It's so odd because no matter how careless i am cleaning my other sand substrate tanks there are no noticeable scratches. I try ridiculously hard to not scratch the 125 taking time to let sand settle, flick sand out of toothbrush, moving sand out of the way before scrubbing by substrate etc, but it keeps happening and it really bothers me with how big and noticeable they can be sometimes. Any tips, or even ways to repair scratches on the inside of a tank? Assuming there isn't a way without draining. 

Wish I had some tips for you…but I’m in the same boat.  My Aqueon 125g also scratches so easily.  I can’t seem to scratch my 75g (Marineland) if I try.

• Like 1